Žabljak
Umjereno oblačno
10.7 °C
Pljevlja
Umjereno oblačno
13.3 °C
Herceg Novi
Pretežno vedro
19.2 °C
Nikšić
Pretežno oblačno
13.8 °C
Cetinje
Pretežno oblačno
18.6 °C
Bar
Malo oblačno
20.1 °C
Podgorica
Umjereno oblačno
18.4 °C
Ulcinj
Vedro
19.2 °C
Kolašin
Umjereno oblačno
12.2 °C

We use cookies and google analytics tool to optimize the delivery of digital advertising to you. If you decline personalization of ads you will still see digital advertisements, but they will not be as relevant to you. We never collect sensitive information, and do not sell any of the data we collect. Under the GDPR regulations browser cookies are now considered sudo-anonymized personal data and since we use cookies to deliver relevant advertisements to you we would like to get your permission to do so.

I don't want my data to be used anymore for analytic purposes.

World

STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED 22. 04. 2019.   >>  18:01 0

STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED

Local Sri Lankan jihadist group responsible for deadly attacks

A wave of bombings that killed 290 people in Sri Lanka on Sunday was carried out with the support of an international network, officials said.

The government has blamed a little-known local jihadist group, National Thowheed Jamath, although no-one has yet admitted carrying out the bombings.

Another 500 people were injured in the suicide attacks on churches and hotels.

Police arrested 24 people in a series of raids and the president's office declared a state of national emergency.

The emergency declaration, which comes into effect from midnight (19:30 GMT) on Monday, will give police and military extensive powers to detain and interrogate suspects without court orders.

On Monday, another blast rocked a street near a church in the capital, Colombo. Police were attempting to defuse explosives in a vehicle used by the attackers when it blew up. It is not yet known if anyone was hurt.

Sri Lankan authorities were warned about a bomb threat from National Thowheed Jamath a full two weeks before the attacks, cabinet spokesman Rajitha Senaratne said at a press conference.

He said that the warnings were not passed on to the Prime Minister, Ranil Wickremesinghe, or his cabinet. Mr Wickremesinghe acknowledged that security services had been "aware of information" but had not acted on the information.

Komentari 0

ostavi komentar

Ostavi komentar

Pravila komentarisanja sadržaja Portala RTCG
Poštujući načelo demokratičnosti, kao i pravo građana da slobodno i kritički iznose mišljenje o pojavama, procesima, događajima i ličnostima, u cilju razvijanja kulture javnog dijaloga, na Portalu nijesu dozvoljeni komentari koji vrijeđaju dostojanstvo ličnosti ili sadrže prijetnje, govor mržnje, neprovjerene optužbe, kao i rasističke poruke. Nijesu dozvoljeni ni komentari kojima se narušava nacionalna, vjerska i rodna ravnopravnost ili podstiče mržnja prema LGBT populaciji. Neće biti objavljeni ni komentari pisani velikim slovima i obimni "copy/paste" sadrzaji knjiga i publikacija.Zadržavamo pravo kraćenja komentara.

Da biste komentarisali vijesti pod vašim imenom

Ulogujte se

Novo